“Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
A team is a group of individuals, all working together for a common purpose. Each individual in a team have common goals, common objectives.
All the players in a team have a common focus and a common objective. Everyone, the captain, the wicketkeeper, the bowlers, the fielders all work together to achieve a common target i.e. win the game. No one ever thinks of losing the game.
What is Team Building?
Team building refers to the various activities undertaken to motivate the team members and increase the overall performance of the team. A motivating factor is a must. Team Building activities consist of various tasks undertaken to groom a team member, motivate him and make him perform his best.
Weall are human beings and love appreciation. Any individual performing exceptionally well must be appreciated well in public. He feels happy and motivated to perform even better the next time. If any team member has come out with a unique idea; treat him with any thing that makes him happy. Never criticize any team member if he has or she failed to perform.
Advantages of team building
- Shared Information
- Greater Risk-Taking
- More Inputs Mean More Creativity
- Greater Motivation and Morale
- Shared Information
- Improved Outcomes
- Sense of Security
- Increased Problem-Solving
- Communication and working better together
The team size depends on the complexity of the task to be accomplished. Ideally, a team should consist of 7–10 members.
Strengthening Team Communication
When it comes to strengthening team communication, a multifaceted approach is key. Consider including this topic in your continuing education and training days. Things like personality tests can help people better understand how they and their colleagues tick, strengthening both relationships and communication skills. You might also consider including information on emotional awareness and emotional regulation, as well as role-playing communication in challenging circumstances.
Team Building Games and Activities
Team games are tools that direct the trainee’s / learner’s interest on what has to be learned.Team building games assist in developing an environment for effective communication and community building. They utilize mental abilities of the learner. Team-building games must be flexible enough and take into consideration the learner’s who come from different backgrounds, have different mental levels, different potential, different patience rate and an amalgamation of other differences.
Tips for Team Building in Corporates
Teams are formed when individuals with a common taste come together on a common platform to achieve a predefined target.
- The team leader plays a very important role in binding his team together. He is a constant guide for his team members. . Do not communicate with any individual separately. Prefer communication through emails. Learn the art of writing emails. Do mark a carbon copy to all the team members.
- Invite suggestions from your team members. This way they feel motivated and important for the team member . Ask them to help each other so that they start interacting more often.
- Go out for lunch or movies with your entire team once in a while. Don’t always discuss work with them. Celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries and let them come close to each other. Take them out for picnics for them to open up and discuss things freely. Share your food among yourselves. Relations improve this way. Appreciate each other.
- Motivate your team members to share responsibilities among themselves at the workplace. Don’t impose things on them; let them happily accept the challenges. They know better what best they can do. Discuss things with them and do take their advice.
- Always ask your team members to first discuss things among themselves before escalating it further. Employees willingly or unwillingly sit to sort out issues among themselves and reach to a conclusion. Through meetings and discussions, they understand the thought process, attitude, and taste of their fellow team workers. They tend to become a little more flexible and also come forward to help each other.
Need for Team Building — Why Team Building?
Team Building activities are of utmost importance as they help in the overall development of the team members and in turn improving the team’s performance. It also strengthens the bond among the employees and they feel motivated to work and achieve the targets. Some kind of team building activities must be undertaken from time to time to encourage the team members to work hard and realize their dreams.
Can you work effectively or smoothly in a team?
You may also like,